The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
1a. How information is collected
This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call the Advertiser.
1b. What information is collected
The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- if you call the Advertiser, your phone and/or mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call; and
- any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
1c. Using cookies or other on-device storage
- How information collected is used
2a. When you use this website
2b. Customisation of this website and advert targeting
The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interests. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don’t miss offers and information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
2c. Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners’ websites to this website.
2d. Analysing call volumes
If you call the Advertiser using the number featured on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be shared with the Advertiser and used to analyse the effectiveness of the website.
- Disclosure of your information
Your information may be passed to one or more of the following organisations:
- the Advertiser;
- data processing companies, mailing houses and other third party suppliers; and
- government and enforcement agencies and the police.
Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
- Where your information is processed
When your information is used as described in section 2, this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your information. By using this website, you agree that your information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
- How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
What are cookies:
What cookies are used on this Website:
The cookies we and our business partners use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Essential – Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
Interest-Based Advertising – You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown adverts for products and services you may wish to buy. The money made by website owners for showing third party adverts on their websites often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without having to pay a registration or usage fee